Monday, June 17, 2013

student photo from 33 years ago


I woke up this morning and to my delight saw this picture on Facebook which I took 33 years ago when I was a photography student.  My FB friend is the little boy in the picture.
The school assignment was entitled "Life on a City Block," where you were restricted to photographing in one block of the town that was chosen from a draw of a hat.  I had  a very challenging block until I drew enough courage to walk in and ask if I can take pictures in a luggage repair shop.  The result was something I am still proud of to this day.  And for this boy (who is a grown up man succeeding the family business today) to put this image  up on father's day means a lot.
The best part is that I touched the lives of these people who have since become friends of a lifetime.