Saturday, January 24, 2009

back from Singapore



During the course of my life as a photographer, I forget that I've had lots of good weather as well as some bad ones. When I saw the cloud and thundershower icon listed everyday for the weekly weather report in Singapore, I was expecting the worse as I have always encountered in Macau.

But what do I know, it turned out sunny everyday to the point where I got so tanned that I started to look like a local. The worse part was having to adjust back to Tokyo's winter weather at 5C (41F)when I just spent a week of summer at 31C(87.8F) .

Singapore was enjoyable especially in the warm weather although I'm not so crazy about how every city around the world is starting to look the same with tall glass facade buildings, The Body Shops, Burger Kings, and American size shopping malls where you find the sameshops as you do everywhere else. So, the Raffles Hotel was an escape where I got to enjoy a little of that British colonial era feel, sipping a Singapore Sling at the courtyard bar.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree on you about the tall building basically around the world now...

February 14, 2009 3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyway, are you hiring assistant photographer in like anytime?

I'm a photography student currently in the final year at Australia.

I'm interested to work as an assistant in Japan 6 months after i graduate in 2010 for like 2-4 years gaining some experience about Japanese type of Photography generally.

:)

February 14, 2009 3:13 AM  
Blogger yasooo said...

Hi Flanegan. The hard cold truth is that it would be hard to find an assisting job in Japan with the current economy, and even more so if you don't speak japanese and know your way around town. I have been hiring experienced freelance assistants on a "need to" basis only these days, so there are no fulltime opportunities with me at the moment. I don't know if there's such thing as "japanese type" of photography, other that you'll be taking pictures just the same within a different culture. You would need to bring some money to survive the first year if you come to Japan.

February 14, 2009 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the reply Mr.Yasoo. At least now i know the situation of hiring an assistant in Japan. Anyway keep in touch. :)

February 20, 2009 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home