Saturday, October 18, 2008

wanna look your best?



Recently I was contacted by an art director who was working on a flyer for a concert hall. She said the publicity photo used by the musician (pic left) just wasn't doing it, so she wanted me to take a nice photograph for his upcoming pipe organ concert. The result is what you see on the right. I think he certainly looks the part of a prominent musician that he is.

Back in the 70's, there was a Vidal Sassoon ad where they said, "if you don't look good, we don't look good." On the same token, I always like to say, "if you want to look your best, call me," because your image and reputation is very important, and why not get the best help when you can.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definately the image does change allot and on the right side it shows everything about him and the organ piano.

Mr Yasu, Your photo are very inspiring especially black and white portraits.

November 01, 2008 3:52 PM  
Blogger yasooo said...

Thanks for your kind comment. As much as I enjoy digital these days, I miss the days when you can really have fun trying to create a beautiful b&w image on film and in the darkroom. Yasu

November 03, 2008 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home