Monday, December 31, 2007

the last look


Recently, I found a message on my answering machine from an elderly woman asking me to call her. When I did, I found out that she was the wife of an executive I shot 11 years ago. Unfortunately her husband had passed away this month. The reason why she called was because of all the compliments she got from the guests who saw this picture at the funeral. Apparently every guest told her that this was a great picture of her late husband, which prompted her dig up the envelope that the picture was in to call me.
She told me that her late husband loved this photo of himself and told her that it would make a nice final image at his funeral. He also told her that she should have her portrait taken as well. Now, she looks at this comment as his will and wants to have her picture taken by me.
Despite the sadness of a loss, I am truely honored to have someone use my image to sum up that person's life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is difficult to imagine a greater compliment.

January 01, 2008 8:53 AM  
Blogger Lettyyyy said...

wow that's amazing.

June 02, 2008 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is interesting comment and I can understand the kind of appreciation/feeling that you have from this comment.

Regards
Santosh

September 28, 2008 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home