Saturday, July 05, 2008

dear Abbey


Whoops, this blog is starting to slip away again.
Last month I had the pleasure of working with a group of people from Wegmans Food Market of New York. From what I understand, they run a chain of high end food markets along the east coast with unbeatable prices. Working with Wegmans was great. They are really on top of things. Anyways, we were in Kyoto when I saw this pedestrian cross walk. I don't know why, but the first thing that comes to my mind was the Beatles "Abbey Road" album cover. Just for fun I asked the guys if they would like to do an Abbey Road shot. Tim, from the group remembered that there was one band member on the cover walking barefoot so he took his shoes and socks off for this shot. After I got home, I looked at the Abbey Road album and sure enough there was Paul walking barefoot in the third position, although they were walking from left to right. Doing stuff like this is fun, and often helps the rest of the shoot by breaking the ice. The shrine in the background is Heian shrine in Kyoto. If you subscribe to Wegmans "Menu" magazine, you might see my pictures of Japan in the upcoming issue (maybe early next year).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home