Saturday, December 22, 2007

sustainable Portland













Recently I was in Portland Oregon to do a photo story on the city for a Japanese magazine. We had one clear day, and the rest of the time was either raining or cloudy. Yes, I can hear people say "welcome to the wet northwest." Nevertheless, a great time was had thanks to the hospitable folks at POVA and Travel Oregon who showed us around to see and taste all the best that this city has to offer. One of the words that I kept hearing over and over was "sustainability." It's great that many businesses in Portland think in terms of the impact they have on others. And no sales tax! Wow, if I had more time I would've done all my christmas shopping in this town. One of the areas I would like to spend more time if I come back to the area is the wine country of Willamette Valley.

2 Comments:

Blogger lekshe said...

Hello, from Portland. Your photographs of the city are so beautiful. We love our home here, even if it is wet. I hope you will visit here again and maybe do a show of your works here so we can enjoy more of these stunning images. Thanks, again!

November 23, 2008 2:51 PM  
Blogger yasooo said...

Dear Lekshe, thank you for your comment. It means even more to me when it's coming from a person who lives there. I am truely honored, and I'm looking forward to another visit to that cozy little town some day. Great food, great wine, and great people.

November 24, 2008 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home