Saturday, October 13, 2007

return of the blog


For the past eight months I've been saying "tomorrow I will renew my blog" like some kind of mantra. I have no excuse but to say that I have been procrastinating for the longest time. Meanwhile, I received numerous e-mails from both domestic and international fans asking me to continue my blog. I was very touched to learn that there were actually folks out there who truely enjoyed and cared about what I showed or wrote here. My appologies and heartful thanks to all those supporters out there. I have returned, or actually stopped being a lzy bum.
I thought this picture would be appropriate for a starter as the light begins to shine again.
This was shot with a point and shoot digital camera (Panasonic Lumix LX2) on program mode. In other words, I just pointed the camera and shot what I saw. This just goes to show that anyone could have made this shot with a steady hand and an eye to see. For us professionals, what does this mean? Are we going to find it harder to get paid for jobs since it's easier for every Tom & Harry to take a great picture now? Maybe, but I think the professionals are also ahead of the game with the advancement in digital technology. There's no doubt we're also at an advantage because we can really see what we're doing and we can make adjustments if we're not happy with what we see on the LCD screen.
For the picture above, I didn't even have to worry about exposures. I let the camera do all the thinking, so I was able to concentrate on the image itself, and wait for that guy on the bicycle to reach the point where I wanted him to be. This shot was all about waiting for the "decisive moment." (There is a time lag w/ alot of these digital cameras, so you have to act a split second earlier)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home