Saturday, December 09, 2006

frame within a frame



Yesterday, a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go see some exhibits around town. The second stop was at a gallery where a beautiful woman called Reisei was showing her calligraphy and art work. I saw a chinese chair and a bird cage out side the window that made a perfect frame for a photograph. It's one of those moments where if I didn't speak out, a beautiful photo opportunity would be lost. Fortunately the guests have left, so I asked the artist if she would like to do a portrait sitting which she was more than happy to do, as she had been a fashion model at one point in her career. I like this picture because of all the frame elements within the frame. Even the green in the back becomes a framed canvas.

Reisei's website: http://www.reisei-art.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a conceptually excellent photo. Good on the spot eye for the shot.

December 19, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger yasooo said...

Thank you for your kind comment. I do enjoy these spontaneous bursts of creativity.

December 19, 2006 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home