Saturday, October 27, 2007

rock keeps me young


My interest in photography goes back about 33 years, but my interest in music (rock) goes back 37 years. And I think that rock'n roll has been the main driving force behind me which keeps me young, and energetic.
This week I went to see Heaven and Hell in concert. It's basically Black Sabbath during the Ronnie James Dio era (1980's), and boy were they great. The guys are reaching 60, but they will blow away any heavy metal band of today's generation. I was really impressed with Ronnie James Dio's vocals, but even more surprised to hear that his age is somewhere around 65 or older.
The last great concert I've been to was Judas Priest when they came to Tokyo two years ago. It takes alot of energy to play hard rock/heavy metal, and to do it well at 60 is really impressive. I listen to all kinds of music from 70's classic rock, disco, new wave, jazz/fusion, new age... basically anything that's good music.
My first concert experience was at eight, when I went to see the Beatles concert at Shea Stadium with my parents. It didn't hit me then, but over the years I've become a local resident at the record store where ever I lived. It's hard to describe how this ties in with my photography, but I can say that all of the creativity I absorbed from music and album covers has been an inspiration to my way of seeing things, and I hope I'm still rockin' with my photography at 60.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home